Anyway, we went. We got to go in a special entrance and that was enough to send me over the edge. I could not stop myself from having a little cry behind my sunglasses about how we shouldn't be here, how unfair it all was. But then we were in and I had pulled myself together.
And what a wonderful day we had. Here are some of the highlights:
- All the displays we went to were accompanied by sign language.
- We always got to sit in the front row
- Will kept his hearing aidS (he wears both now, woohoo!) in ALL day.
- It was so good to be around other special children. Seeing other children with hearing aids in makes it all feel a lot more normal which I appreciate massively
- Spending time as a family